Free Technical Training by Aliko Dangote Foundation-VDMA. Aliko Dangote Foundation (ADF) is collaborating with VDMA (Mechanical Engineering Industry Association) to sponsor Technical Training Programme in Mechanical Engineering. This program will offer standard quality education and training to young Nigerians.
Generally, the Free Technical Training Programme will adopt the German model o dual-track vocational education and training. Young Nigerians with an interest in Mechanical and Electrical Technology should take advantage of this opportunity. Therefore, this is a grand opportunity to acquire skills from this free Technical Training.
The duration for the Free Technical Training Programme is approximately eighteen (18) months. Above all, the curriculum for the Technical Training Programme will contain theoretical training and practical training. After that, trainee(s) will be exposed to various factories/plants of the Dangote Group tagged as industrial experience.
In addition, trainee(s) will be exposed to continuous assessment processes & appraisals. Therefore, the major available program will be the Mechanical program (Welding and Brazing, Vulcanisation, Maintenance & Control of Machines, Basics in Mechanics and Assembly) and Electrical Programme (Electrical Installations, Electrical Machines, and Measurement Technology).
BENEFITS OF THE FREE TECHNICAL TRAINING PROGRAMME
- Upgrade Nigeria know-how with theoretical and on-field practical German science and Technology.
- Trainees will have access to modern equipment, hostel accommodation, and learning tools/facilities which are all of the high standards.
- Mentor-ship from Nachwuchsstiftung Maschinenbau (NWS) long-term experience in industrial standard vocational training.
LEARNING/TRAINING FACILITIES FOR THE THE FREE TECHNICAL TRAINING PROGRAMME
The facilities and equipment use for high standard training or quality training, the partners will provide it. This high standard training facility is readily available at the Dangote Academy in Obajana.
The training facility established by the Dangote Group’s major objective and mission is to enhance training in technical and management skills. Generally, the training facilities are state-of-the-art that are with computers, modern classrooms, and technical drawing rooms.
In addition, electrical workshops, automation Instrumentation workshops, and mechanical workshops.
- Young Nigerian that is between the age of sixteen to twenty-four years (16-24)
- Applicant must have five credits in any sciences in O’level
- Applicants must have either WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, and Secondary School Testimonials.
HOW TO APPLY FOR ADF-VDMA FREE TECHNICAL TRAINING PROGRAMME
NOTE THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES
- Applicants must only submit one application.
- The only application made online that the coordinators will accept and consider.
- Successful/shortlisted applicants are only the ones to receive further instruction.
- The application will close in November 2020.
- Ensure correct details. in other words, active email addresses and phone numbers is use during registration.
- Successful and shortlisted applicants is to pass an oral interview and test.
- Trainees are not permanent or contract staff of Dangote.